By Andreas Dharmawan
If you are interested in having an Audi Driving Vacation in Europe, here are some options you have in securing an Audi.
If Ingolstadt is in your agenda, than you should look into Audi Driver's Day program. This is a brand experience program from Audi AG. There are many different packages to choose depending on the time of the year. Certain routes (mountain passes) and cars (the most powerful ones) are not available during the winter time.
A package includes an Audi factory tour, five-star lodging and five-star dining experience, a top of the model Audi car of your choice, and a route prepared for your exhilarating driving vacation.
To learn more detail about the program, please visit:
Here are stories from past Quattro Quarterly on this program from Ingolstadt:
- RS4 Winter Germany and Switzerland Driving Vacation
- S5 Spring Driving Vacation to Lake Como, Italy
- S8 and TT Germany and Austria Driving Vacation
If you are interested in just renting a base model A3 or A4 or A6 for longer duration, and you are comfortable with coming up with on your own schedule, here are some best practices in renting an Audi from Europcar.com.
- Open an online account with Europecar.com
- Reserve an Audi online. I successfully rented Audi's from Europcar at the following location:
- FRA (Frankfurt Airport): A4 TDI 2x, TT
- MAD (Madrid Airport): TT
- Seville, Spain, Train Station: A3 TDI
- Because Europecar.com does not guarantee you will get the car you reserve (all European car rentals do not guarantee, unfortunately), here are some steps you can take to increase your likelyhood in getting an Audi:
- Pay in advance online. You also save money this way.
- Reserve for a week instead of days. If they know you are renting for a week, they will likely reserve the car you want.
- Call the direct number of the branch you will be renting from and ask for the onsite manager. Explain to him/her that you are an Audi enthusiasts and an Audi Club member from US and you want to have Audi experience during your vacation. Most of the time, the manager will be excited to help you and he or she will put a note on your reservation.
- When you arrive, if so happen they do not have the car you want, please ask for any other Audi they have. I had been upgraded to Audi TT from A4 because they ran out of A4.
Here are some past Quattro Quarterly European driving vacation stories with Audi's from Europcar.com
Have a great Audi Driving Vacation!